commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] test jar for the next RC
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 18:41:36 GMT
The immediate use I have is to be able to run the unit tests for a given
component as part of the build for my product. For commons-lang and most
commons projects, this is a low cost item time-wise.

I want to know that the commons-foo jar will run on our build
configurations, with our OSs, JVMs, locales, and other dependencies.

We unit test our code, but we also use code that was unit tests in the past
(any third party libraries.) but not on our setups.

This may seem paranoid but it gets more tricky when you start piling on
third party libraries one after the other

Gary