commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1101509 - in /commons/proper/pool/trunk: build.xml pom.xml
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 15:54:29 GMT
On 10/05/2011 16:51, Phil Steitz wrote:

> On May 10, 2011, at 8:36 AM, markt@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: markt
>> Date: Tue May 10 15:36:44 2011
>> New Revision: 1101509

>> Log:
>> Work with Java 1.6 for now. Options for 1.5 (e.g. copying stuff from Harmony) can
be explored once the re-write is complete if it is considered worthwhile.

> I am OK with this for now, but after plating a little myself with the options, I
am not sure the 1.6 classes "unhacked" are going to get us what we need without changing the
evictor and LIFO/FIFO contracts (seems we will need cursorability).

Take a look at r1101516. As it happens, eviction was the first thing I
needed to tackle and I believe that problem is solved. Test cases that
prove otherwise welcome.

I am in the middle of writing up an explanation of where I am heading
with pool2. Should be on the list shortly.

Mark