commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POOL2][PROPOSAL] releasing commons-pool2-2.0-beta1
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 16:21:31 GMT
On 5/5/11 8:54 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> some of us (me included :P) are waiting for pool with generics; now
> that the migration has been done, WDYT about releasing a beta1
> release?
> It is basically the latest pool-1.5.X API, but with generics, at least
> we can start playing with it.
> Thoughts? Just let me know, I can take care of it!
-1

Once we release something with the new package name, we are locking
the API.  We have also not performance tested or integrated the new
pool with DBCP.  I have not even personally finished reviewing all
of the changes in the API to introduce generics.  It is too early to
cut a pool 2 release, IMO.

Phil