commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: [discovery] org.apache.commons.discovery.log?!?
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 11:55:03 GMT
Hi Christian,

Christian Grobmeier wrote:

>>> But commons logging has no more sense meanwhile. Or did i miss
>>> something?
>>
>> What gave you that impression?
>
> No releases,

What else should a thin wrapper do?

> no question,

It simply works now.

> no discussion on commons-logging.

What for?

> Lack of development on Log4J
> Slf4J has a rising community and active development.

2 of ~100 deps use now slf4j in your development and all we need is slf4j-
jcl.

> commons-logging imho is the wrapper for a slowly dying log4j and a not
> usable sdk log.

It enables our customers to use the logger implementation of their choice
(incl. their internal ones). Nothing more, nothing less. So why should we
switch to a different wrapper? That does not make sense.

- Jörg