commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [ACTION REQUIRED] www.apache.org/dist/<tlp> housekeeping
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:05:26 GMT
I've cleaned up some old releases (collections-2.1.1, digester-2.0, codec-1.4)

There are still some components with multiple releases (e.g. digester
1.8.1 / 2.1, net 1.4.1/ 2.2) but these are for different Java
versions, and have different major versions.

For all components except DBCP, there is now at only one version of
each component for each current major release.

RMs please remember to remove obsolete versions once a new release has
been out for a few days (to allow mirrors to catch up).

See separate e-mail regarding DBCP numbering.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>
Date: 27 April 2011 13:07
Subject: Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] www.apache.org/dist/<tlp> housekeeping
To: pmcs@apache.org
Cc: infrastructure-private@apache.org, board@apache.org

PMC members,

Six weeks ago, the infrastructure team sent you the e-mail below. To the
projects that were already following the release guidelines and to those
projects that have since cleaned up their /dist area - thank you. The
infrastructure team really does appreciate you doing this.

Regrettably, a large number of PMCs have chosen to ignore the message
below. To those PMCs, you have one month (until 31 May 2011) to clean up
your dist area or the infrastructure team will simply remove all files
that are more than twelve months old.

Mark
on behalf of the ASF Infrastructure Team