commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [ALL] Commons Attic
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 05:12:36 GMT
Currently we have 3 areas in which components live:

* Proper: Released components.
* Sandbox: Active pre-release components.
* Dormant: Inactive pre-release components.

There's an obvious (to me) need for Proper to split into active and
inactive. Given the existing name, inactive proper = attic.

So:

* Proposal #1: Create a Commons Attic.

An alternative is to send our attic'd items to the Apache Attic; but I
think we're enough of a mini-ecosystem that it makes sense to manage
our Attic'd components locally. Moving into the Commons Attic would be
very simple; we'd keep permissions etc and do more around updating the
components website to indicate it's now in the Attic. We might go as
far as to close down its JIRA.

Next up is to identify the first candidate to a Commons Attic. Jelly
is the lucky winner (by looking at dates in SVN).

It hasn't had a commit in a year, and its last meaningful commit (to a
user) was in December 2008.

So:

* Proposal #2:  Move Jelly to Commons Attic.

Hen