commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [ALL] Commons Attic
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:59:55 GMT
> I'm having a problem distinguishing "dormant" from "attic".  Just because one had releases
and the other didn't they should go to different places for their final resting place?

I also fear this leads to more confusion than it helps.

> I'm not clear why commons should have an attic (or dormant) subproject.  The attic is
perfectly capable of housing Commons Jelly. It already contains several Jakarta subprojects.

> My proposal would be to move all of the dormant subprojects and any inactive proper projects
to Apache Attic.

I guess it's easier to resurrect them if they stay "in-house"

cheers,
Torsten