commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] @version tag :)
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 21:07:38 GMT
On 5 April 2011 21:57, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 05/04/2011 22:43, sebb a écrit :
>
>> Please don't use $Date$, because it makes checking releases much harder.
>
> Could you elaborate on this sebb ? I saw your other message regarding the
> timezone but I don't really understand the issue it creates when you are
> checking a release.

The contents of the source archive should agree with the SVN tag -
there should be no files in the archive that aren't in SVN or direcly
derivable therefrom.
[And yes, it does happen that stray files sometimes find their way
into the source archive]

When the SVN tag and source have different dates, every source file
appears to be different from its SVN origin, which makes comparison
very tedious.