commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release commons-parent 21 based on version 21-RC2
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:11:59 GMT
On 18 April 2011 18:02, Gary Gregory <> wrote:
> The vote to release commons-parent 21 based on version 21-RC2 has failed.
> There was one +1 vote (from me)

That does not mean the vote has failed. It merely means that the vote
has not passed.

If there had been a -1 with a valid reason, that could have indicated
failure; however insufficient votes within 72 hours is merely that -
insufficient votes.

Of course, if lack of votes extends for a sufficient period, then it's
probably sensible to abandon the vote.

But in this case, as you have called the vote off, I think it should
be restarted from the begining.

There has been an update to Surefire which looks as though it might be
worth including.

Also, there is a known bug in the assembly plugin; there is a
work-round, but it would be nice to have the fixed version. I don't
know when that will be released, so it may have to wait for a future