commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@joda.org>
Subject Re: [Lang] Pair toString
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:52:33 GMT
I fixed the Map.Entry equals/hashCode compliance.

I shortened the toString form to omit the class name, as it is
superfluous -> (A,B)

Out library uses square brackets, but I can live with round.

I don't believe that requiring every pair to carry around a format
string is viable. These must be small objects. I could live with a
toString(format) variation if that would help.

I also believe that getLeftElement()/getRightElement() are too long.
They should be getLeft()/getRight().

I'd also prefer to make the ImmuatblePair final.

Stephen