commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Lang] Pair toString
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:24:57 GMT
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is Pair now good (for a value of consensually agreed good)?

Good enough, although Stephen noted in ImmutablePair's javadoc that
being non-final, a subclass could add
undesirable/counter-to-expectation behavior.  I can't see any reason
why we shouldn't make this class final, particularly as the option
always exists to lift that restriction should someone later provide a
justification for doing so.  Does anyone object to this?

Matt