commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <>
Subject Re: [CLI] fixing warnings
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 08:21:09 GMT
Bonjour Emmanuel,
recently we had the same discussion about this kind of warnings on
[pool] and [discovery] and at the end of them I tend to agree that
that should be fixed because:

 - @deprecated in the javadoc is for human readability, @Deprecated is
for the compiler;
 - @Override: I suggest you this reply on StackOverflow where justified the use of @Override
 - final: I would add also immutable fields

Bonne journée, a bientot!

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <> wrote:
> Le 21/04/2011 08:12, Simone Tripodi a écrit :
>> Bonjour Emmanuel!
>> don't worry, since I need to better understand CLI internal code, I
>> just would like to fix minor-minor warnings such Generics, missing
>> @Override/@Deprecated annotations, final fields where possible, etc
>> I don't intend modify the CLI code/behavior at all, once I'll feel
>> more familiar with it I'll propose solutions to close issues.
>> A trés bientot!
>> Simo
> The @deprecated tags are already in the Javadoc comments, I don't think it's
> necessary to add the annotation.
> The @Override annotation adds more noise than value, it's useful when
> refactoring the code, but that never happens here because the binary
> compatibility is preserved between versions.
> Regarding the final keyword I use it only when required, that's for
> constants and for fields used in inner classes.
> Emmanuel Bourg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message