commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Confusing versioning numbering
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:47:46 GMT
On 4/27/11 8:30 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> IMO:
>
> DBCP 1.4 for JDBC 4 (JDK 1.6)
> => Bump it to 2.0.
>
> DBCP 1.3 for JDBC 3 (JDK 1.4-1.5)
> => Stays as is.
This is essentially the plan that we agreed to a year ago.  The only
difference in what you have above is that we will likely cut at
least another 1.3.1/1.4.1 pair including bug fixes.  The idea is
that the JDBC 3 stuff is bug fix only at this point and the 2.0
version will support only JDBC 4. The 2.0 version will not be source
and binary compatible with 1.4 (so will end up being o.a.c.dbcp2).
I am trying now to get 1.3.1/1.4.1 ready while it is still easy to
port fixes to trunk before we repackage and get trunk working with
pool2.  Help with the open bugs against 1.3/1.4 would be most
appreciated.

Phil