commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CLI] fixing warnings
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 07:46:22 GMT
Le 21/04/2011 08:12, Simone Tripodi a écrit :
> Bonjour Emmanuel!
> don't worry, since I need to better understand CLI internal code, I
> just would like to fix minor-minor warnings such Generics, missing
> @Override/@Deprecated annotations, final fields where possible, etc
> I don't intend modify the CLI code/behavior at all, once I'll feel
> more familiar with it I'll propose solutions to close issues.
> A trés bientot!
> Simo

The @deprecated tags are already in the Javadoc comments, I don't think
it's necessary to add the annotation.

The @Override annotation adds more noise than value, it's useful when
refactoring the code, but that never happens here because the binary
compatibility is preserved between versions.

Regarding the final keyword I use it only when required, that's for
constants and for fields used in inner classes.

Emmanuel Bourg