commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [LANG] Release Commons Lang 3.0 (based on RC2)
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:24:27 GMT
On 4/11/11 8:40 AM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> On 11 April 2011 16:14, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The point of keeping a working Ant build is for users who want to
>> build from source and are not Maven users (many, many users in the
>> real world).
> I don't believe there are many of those users. Most just pickup the jar
> I oppose duplicate build systems at this point, even though I dislike maven.

We can argue about this and speculate, but I have done the work to
restore the Ant build for the 3.0 release and I would really like to
give those users who want to be able to build a [lang] jar from
source without downloading boatloads of irrelevant dependencies to
be able to do that.  Are you opposed to that?   In other words, is
this a -1 on my commit?  If so, I will revert it.

Phil