commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Commons Pool 1.5.6 based on RC2
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 05:21:58 GMT
On 3/30/11 1:48 PM, sebb wrote:
> On 30 March 2011 21:37, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> MD5/SHA1s match for source distributions.
>>> OpenPGP signatures valid and key in ASF web of trust
>>>
>>> src-zip distro matches svn less 3 files (doap and 2 * release script)
>>> src-tar-gz distro matches svn less 3 files (doap and 2 * release script)
>> By design, these files are omitted from the release.
>>> Both the src-zip distro and the src-tar-gz distro have LF line-endings.
>>> I expected CRLF in the src-zip distro but there is no reason why it has
>>> to be.
>> I would like CRLF for src-zip as well.  Seems maven used to do that
>> by default.  Does anyone know how to get maven to do this?
> You can do it in the assembly desciptors.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html#fileSet
>
> lineEnding
>
> If you don't mind duplicating the contents for zip and tar.gz you can
> create one with CRLF and the other with LF.
I don't get this.  You have to have multiple assemblies??

I am trying to fix this for [lang].  It looks like the assembly has
a formats list that includes tar, zip.  The natural place to define
line endings would be in these elements, but that does not seem
possible.  How exactly do you get this to work?

Phil