commons-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] @authors tags
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:50:45 GMT
I didn't propose anything - I simply stated that the information is
redundant.

Having all of that author information in the pom file is unnecessary, in
my opinion. If I'm researching source code, all I care about is what was
changed and why. The author of the change is inconsequential. If I
really need to know who wrote the change I can follow the path from the
commit log to the Jira issue to the contributor of the patch.

In OFBiz we eliminated all author information from the source code and
no one has missed it. We don't keep it on the website either.

-Adrian