commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pool] Site update
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:08:36 GMT
On 4/4/11 4:25 AM, sebb wrote:
> On 4 April 2011 07:36, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I will be sending the 1.5.6 release announcement shortly.  When
>> updating the pool website, I started by trying to use trunk, but
>> found the output confusing, since we are in process of changing the
>> groupId and package name.  I decided, therefore, to publish based on
>> the updated 1_5_X branch.  Once we get the 2.0 sources consolidated
>> and site build repaired, we can publish an updated version.  The
>> site now being replicated has correct download page, javadoc links,
>> and reports corresponding to the 1.5.6 release.
> I thought that is what people did anyway - generate the site from the tag?

I usually update trunk and generate the public site from trunk, so
it reflects current development.  The tag won't work in general,
because any post-release updates - most importantly the version
number - won't be reflected in the tag.  In any case, the [pool]
site now reflects the 1.5.x branch.  Once we get our 2.0 house in a
little better order, I think the site should be updated to reflect
the new stuff.

Phil