commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Commons Attic
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:17:01 GMT
I'm having a problem distinguishing "dormant" from "attic".  Just because one had releases
and the other didn't they should go to different places for their final resting place?

I'm not really clear on what happens to incubator projects that fail. I know there is no "incubator
dormant" or "incubator attic" and I don't believe any incubator projects have ever moved to
the attic.

I'm not clear why commons should have an attic (or dormant) subproject.  The attic is perfectly
capable of housing Commons Jelly. It already contains several Jakarta subprojects.

My proposal would be to move all of the dormant subprojects and any inactive proper projects
to Apache Attic.

Ralph