commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <>
Subject Re: OGNL as a part of Commons
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:50:04 GMT
Based on what I know of OGNL, it is/was reasonably well used. Trying
to merge it into another project doesn't help those existing users.

The question is what are the author(s) of OGNL looking for? A home for
maintainance? The Apache brand? To reinvigorate it? The latter fits
with a merger into other projects. The former should make commons ask
if it wants to become a home for maintainance mode (not necessarily a
bad thing).

I'm certainly arguing against a straight push into BeanUtils or JEXL.