commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release process WAS [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Codec 1.5-RC1
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:05:11 GMT
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 1:36 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, wget alone won't do, as the files also have to be deleted.

Why? There's no problem with leaving them where they are.

> Also, it would be best if that part of the process could be done from
> the users system, rather than having to login to people.a.o and run
> commands there.
>
> If that could be automated, I would be happy, but would everyone else?

Nothing wrong with that idea, because that area isn't covered by
either Nexus nor the maven-release-plugin. The work that we spend here
might even be adopted by other Apache projects. But that wasn't the
initial point of the discussion, was it?

--
I Am What I Am And That's All What I Yam (Popeye)