commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mikkel Meyer Andersen <m...@mikl.dk>
Subject Re: [math] RandomData/RandomDataImpl
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:14:38 GMT
Hi,

In my opinion, we have to be careful. It's not that I don't like the
idea, but it might be a slippery approach merging interfaces with the
uniquely implementing class - where do we stop merging?

Also, RandomDataImpl actually does have substantial non-trivial
functionality like hexStrings, Poissons etc. which users easily could
want to implement otherwise. So we really have to be careful.

I think that we at least should send an e-mail out on the user-list
and hear if anybody has any thoughts in this regard.

Cheers, Mikkel.