commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject [parent] maven 3 vs. 2 trick not inherited from commons-parent
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:08:33 GMT
In [paren] v18, we have a nice trick to use maven-site-plugin 2.x with Maven
2.x and maven-site-plugin 3.x with Maven 3.x .

See
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin-3.0-beta-3/maven-3.html

If you want to look at the parent POM, look for:

    <profile>
      <id>maven-3</id>

But, this does not work.

When I have the same bit of XML in [codec]'s POM for example, it works.

Any ideas what needs to be done for this to work without adding the XML to
every project?

For [codec], it just works, you invoke m2 or m3 without additional
arguments.

--
Thank you,
Gary