commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [codec] Error in the Caverphone implemention
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 17:59:52 GMT
The fix is in SVN and scheduled for inclusion in the upcoming Codec 1.5
release.

Thank you,
Gary

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Martin Nybo Andersen <tweek@tweek.dk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Matt Benson wrote:
>
>  Finally, given the fact that we are discussing patches (which have to
>> be granted IP blah blah blah anyway) as well as the fact that you are
>> not subscribed to the developer list, this exchange should be
>> conducted in JIRA.
>>
>> Matt
>>
>
> I wrote the mail to raise a flag. You saw it, which was my intention. I'm
> happy now.
>
> To create a jira account for this minor bug seems to be overkill for me.
> Remember that the harder it is to report a bug, the fewer bugs will be
> reported.
>
> I am not subscribed to this mailing list for the same reason.
>
> What you do with the bug now, is for you to decide.
>
>
>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Would you be able to include a unit test patch in your diff file?
>>>
>>
> new Caverphone().encode("mbmb") currently returns "MMP1111111" while it
> should return "MPM1111111".
>
>
>>> Also, it seems that the examples from
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caverphone
>>>
>>> do not match our code:
>>>
>>>            {"Lee", "L11111"},
>>>            {"Thompson", "TMPSN1"},
>>>
>>>
> These Caverphones seems to be version 1. Version 2 which is implemented in
> apache.commons uses 10-letter-codes.
>
>  Hm...
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Gary
>>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Martin Nybo Andersen <tweek@tweek.dk
>>> >wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I've found an error in the Caverphone language codec.
>>>>
>>>> According to the specs at page 2 line 6:
>>>> "If the name ends with mb make it m2".
>>>>
>>>> Apparently is has been interpreted as:
>>>> "If the name _starts_ with mb make it m2".
>>>>
>>>> The attached patch will fix it.
>>>>
>>>> Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed.
>>>>
>>>
>
> Regards,
> Martin Nybo Andersen




-- 
Thank you,
Gary

http://garygregory.wordpress.com/
http://garygregory.com/
http://people.apache.org/~ggregory/
http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message