commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [codec] Error in the Caverphone implemention
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 06:18:37 GMT
Is there a need for 1.0?

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 4:38 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any though on splitting the class into two subclasses. One for cav
> 1.0, the other for 2.0?
>
> Gary
>
> On Mar 3, 2011, at 1:52, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Martin and Gary - sorry for my screwup.
>>
>> Very happy that you found the Caverphone code however Martin :)
>>
>> Hen
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The fix is in SVN and scheduled for inclusion in the upcoming Codec 1.5
>>> release.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Gary
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Martin Nybo Andersen <tweek@tweek.dk> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Matt Benson wrote:
>>>>
>>>>  Finally, given the fact that we are discussing patches (which have to
>>>>> be granted IP blah blah blah anyway) as well as the fact that you are
>>>>> not subscribed to the developer list, this exchange should be
>>>>> conducted in JIRA.
>>>>>
>>>>> Matt
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I wrote the mail to raise a flag. You saw it, which was my intention. I'm
>>>> happy now.
>>>>
>>>> To create a jira account for this minor bug seems to be overkill for me.
>>>> Remember that the harder it is to report a bug, the fewer bugs will be
>>>> reported.
>>>>
>>>> I am not subscribed to this mailing list for the same reason.
>>>>
>>>> What you do with the bug now, is for you to decide.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Would you be able to include a unit test patch in your diff file?
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> new Caverphone().encode("mbmb") currently returns "MMP1111111" while it
>>>> should return "MPM1111111".
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>> Also, it seems that the examples from
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caverphone
>>>>>>
>>>>>> do not match our code:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>            {"Lee", "L11111"},
>>>>>>            {"Thompson", "TMPSN1"},
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>> These Caverphones seems to be version 1. Version 2 which is implemented in
>>>> apache.commons uses 10-letter-codes.
>>>>
>>>>  Hm...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you,
>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Martin Nybo Andersen <tweek@tweek.dk
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  Hi,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I've found an error in the Caverphone language codec.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> According to the specs at page 2 line 6:
>>>>>>> "If the name ends with mb make it m2".
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Apparently is has been interpreted as:
>>>>>>> "If the name _starts_ with mb make it m2".
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The attached patch will fix it.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Martin Nybo Andersen
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thank you,
>>> Gary
>>>
>>> http://garygregory.wordpress.com/
>>> http://garygregory.com/
>>> http://people.apache.org/~ggregory/
>>> http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message