commons-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Giannakopoulos <miccagi...@gmail.com>
Subject [Math - 403] Never propagate a "NullPointerException" resulting from bad usage of the API
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 20:01:49 GMT
Hello guys,

As far as this issue is concerned (for what i have understood) i believe
that one way to separate NULL(s) that occur from the A.P.I. from NULL(s)
coming from wrong usage of A.P.I. by a user is the assert technique... I
didn't know a lot about it but from what i have read it should be
implemented only in the private methods of the A.P.I. Check this link out: "
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/guide/lang/assert.html".
Another choice is to create a new class that would check all the arguments
of every function we are interested in (for example: public
checkArguments(Object... args)) [If i have understood correctly the purpose
of this issue...]. Any suggestions would be more than welcomed!

Best regards,
Giannakopoulos Michael