commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <>
Subject Re: [discuss][Digester] The future of Digester an the Digester3 in sandbox
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 18:24:22 GMT
Hi Rahul,
sorry if I'm late, unfortunately I got distracted by other stuff :P
I uploaded the Digester3 documentation in the Sandbox site space[1],
and added a (poor, maybe) page[2] about differences between Digester
and Digester3.
Feel free to ping me whenever you want for clarifications!!!
Have a nice weekend,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Simone Tripodi <> wrote:
> Hi Rahul!!!
> sure of course, I'll prepare a special section on the documentation to
> see a Digester->Digester3 migration scenario, so that also users can
> know pros and cons.
> Thanks for your support!
> have a nice day,
> Simo
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:59 AM, Rahul Akolkar <> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Simone Tripodi
>> <> wrote:
>>> Good morning all guys,
>>> in the last month I've invested my spare time on redesigning a new
>>> potential version of the Digester component in Sandbox, according to
>>> what I proposed time ago on dev ML[1].
>>> The experiment is complete at 95%, is not of course a release but
>>> there are enough tests/samples/docs to start playing with it.
>>> I also sent an email to users ML[2] requesting for feedbacks,
>>> unfortunately no one expressed his opinion yet, but I'll be patient at
>>> least for the next 2-3 weeks before pushing a request again.
>>> I'd like to ask also your feedbacks and suggestions, in case you would
>>> be interested in a potential promotion on Proper, or it should be
>>> contributed somewhere else like extras, but I hope it will find a
>>> place in commons.
>>> As Rahul proposed, since there are APIs breakage, maybe it should be
>>> taken in consideration as a new component, but at the same time as
>>> Matt suggested, since it processes inputs in the same way, maybe is
>>> just a major release.
>>> WDT? What are your thoughts about it?
>> <snip/>
>> Can we see a "before and after" i.e. show API usages on either when
>> parsing the same sample?
>> As an aside, I'd suggest we all start new threads for peripheral
>> discussions i.e. not directly about future of digester (such as
>> suppressing unchecked warnings, we don't want to fill this important
>> thread with that :-).
>> -Rahul
>>> Sorry if it looks like a silly
>>> question but I've never taken part of a sandbox promotion.
>>> Looking forward to hear from you, have a nice day!
>>> Simo
>>> [1]