commons-dev mailing list archives

From Lukasz Lenart <lukasz.len...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: OGNL as a part of Commons
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 12:17:38 GMT
2011/3/1 Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com>:
> There is another problem: is OpenSymphony willing to donate the code to Apache?
> It's not only a problem of "forking", because the entire copyright
> will pass to Apache, at least for the donated code as it is (the
> copyright will remain to OpenSymphony until the act of donation).
> If not, you cannot donate/incubate at Apache. There are other options
> though, e.g. forking and apache-extras.

OGNL was moved to GitHub some time ago and right now it's more or less
ownerless. Before I've started asking you guys, I had been talking to
two main people behind OGNL and they had approved my idea to move OGNL
under ASF umbrella. So, I can send an official request to them to
donate OGNL to ASF if it's needed.

Kind regards
--
Łukasz