commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1086810 - /commons/proper/pool/branches/POOL_1_X/pom.xml
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:41:58 GMT
On 31 March 2011 12:36, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:46 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I found that doing "mvn -Prc install" didn't work - but adding clean
>>> (i.e.  "mvn -Prc clean install") caused it to work just fine.
>>
>> Odd, why should clean work?
>
> Dunno, I speculated here:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/ilbfryofhsqblwa7

Looks like the assembly plugin is ignoring the parent pom goal
attachment in the rc profile, because 2.2[.1] work fine if that
section of the profile is copied to the component pom.

[Clearly the assembly plugin has grown up into a stroppy teenager that
ignores its parent !]

I've updated the JIRA accordingly