commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SITE] commons skin and parent snapshots uploaded; please test!
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:35:30 GMT
On 1 March 2011 16:21, Simone Tripodi <simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> Back, found where the problem is: this section of code
>
> <head>
>    <!-- Better display of <source> code sections -->
>    <link rel="stylesheet" href="./css/prettify.css" type="text/css"
> media="all" />
>    <script type="text/javascript" src="./js/prettify.js"></script>
>    <script type="text/javascript">
>        window.onload=function() {
>            prettyPrint();
>        }
>    </script>
>    </head>
>
> works only if pages are located under the site root; if I put pages
> under subdirectories, both css/js wont' be found, that's why I
> initially put this snip in the template so we can use the
> $relativePath variable.

I see - sorry, I'd only tested with top-level pages.

> I'd move them back in the template, if you don't see issues, just let me know.

That would obviously fix it, but I had hoped to keep the changes to
the template to a minimum so that it's easier to update with fixes
from the default template - or even revert to the default if that ever
supports footers etc.

I still think it would be better to include the specific header code
in the site.xml, as it allows changes to be made more easily - e.g.
some sites could override it entirely if they wished. If it's fixed in
the template they cannot do that.

So I think the best would be to change the template to make the
necessary path adjustment, as I did for @project.name@ in the footer.

I'll upload a new version shortly.