commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE][SITE] Release Commons Skin 3 and Commons Parent 19
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2011 06:10:58 GMT
On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 1:09 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> Note: to test this you need to change the POM to reference commons-parent
>> 19.
>>
>> As this is not yet in an official repo, you will need to add the
>> following repository definition to your settings.xml (and use the
>> profile -PNexus):
>>
>>   <profile>
>>     <id>Nexus</id>
>>
>>     <repositories>
>>       <repository>
>>         <id>Nexus</id>
>>         <url>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-002
>> </url>
>>       </repository>
>>     </repositories>
>>
>>   </profile>
>>
>> Or you can add the <repositories> section above to your POM temporarily
>>
>> Or, if you have downloaded the Commons Parent from the SVN tag, just
>> use mvn install.
>>
>> Maven artifacts:
>>

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-002/org/apache/commons/
>>
>> SVN
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-skin/tags/commons-skin-3-RC3/
>> and
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/commons-parent/tags/commons-parent-19-RC3/
>>
>> Commons Skin 3 changes (from 3)
>> =========================
>> - commons parent 5 => 18
>> - added support for code prettify
>> - site.css now uses relative url for referencing css files, so offline
>> sites work better
>> - added template to support trademark footer; also supports
>> $relativePath resolution; adds TM overlay support; allows absolute
>> URLs in banner elements
>>
>> Changes since previous vote:
>> - smaller TM font
>> - TM overlay now specified by property in pom.xml, not site.xml <custom>
>> section
>> - TM overlay is disabled by default
>>
>> Commons Parent 19 changes (from 18)
>> ======================
>> - Apache Parent Pom 7=> 9
>> - maven-antrun-plugin 1.3 => 1.5
>> - antrun config: change deprecated <tasks> to <target>
>> - site plugin 2.0.1 => 2.2.1
>> - surefire 2.7.1 => 2.7.2
>> - javadoc 2.5 => 2.7
>> - add AL header to site.xml
>> - use local copy of commons-logo, rather than linking to commons.a.o
>> - always use absolute link for http://commons.a.o/
>> - commons skin 2=>3
>> - added prettify css/javascript to improve source code formatting
>> - license now points to http://www.apache.org/licenses/ as per
>> branding guidelines
>> - synchronise common menu items with commons-site
>> - moved ApacheCon logo under ASF menu, and made it clickable
>> - added trademark references to page footers
>>
>> Changes since previous vote:
>> - TM overlay no longer added by default
>> - the bareword "Commons" no longer claimed as a trademark
>> - updated site plugin to 2.2.1 (2.2 is broken)

Just for the record:

>m3 -version
Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 12:31:09-0500)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.0.3\bin\..
Java version: 1.6.0_23, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows vista", version: "6.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

>m2 -version
Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-06 15:16:01-0400)
Java version: 1.6.0_23