commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Is it OK to upgrade commons-net to 2.2?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 00:34:48 GMT
On 10 March 2011 00:20, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2011, at 2:47 AM, sebb wrote:

at having to manually generate release notes I'm going to try again.

>>> Thanks. I've done that so that it shows up in the binary distribution but to
get it to work for the source distribution it has to generate the release notes to the source
directory (not the target) and commit it before doing release-prepare. How did you make that
work?

>> Have a look at Net trunk POM.
>>
>> Busy now, but I can provide more help later if needed.
>
> I looked took a look at the POM. It was what I expected. I have to manually run maven
to generate the release notes and then commit them before doing mvn release:prepare.  I very
much dislike that.

What's wrong with that?
If the RN were generated manually, you would have to follow the same process.
At least it can be generated automatically.

And it's always worth visually checking the RN before generating a build.
If it is only produced during the build process you don't find out
until too late that there is an error in it...

> Unfortunately, I don't really have a choice.  Currently, the build will run the changes
plugin during release:prepare and include it in the binary distribution automatically, but
not the source distribution.