commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [codec] Error in the Caverphone implemention
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 06:52:38 GMT
Thanks Martin and Gary - sorry for my screwup.

Very happy that you found the Caverphone code however Martin :)

Hen

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
> The fix is in SVN and scheduled for inclusion in the upcoming Codec 1.5
> release.
>
> Thank you,
> Gary
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Martin Nybo Andersen <tweek@tweek.dk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Matt Benson wrote:
>>
>>  Finally, given the fact that we are discussing patches (which have to
>>> be granted IP blah blah blah anyway) as well as the fact that you are
>>> not subscribed to the developer list, this exchange should be
>>> conducted in JIRA.
>>>
>>> Matt
>>>
>>
>> I wrote the mail to raise a flag. You saw it, which was my intention. I'm
>> happy now.
>>
>> To create a jira account for this minor bug seems to be overkill for me.
>> Remember that the harder it is to report a bug, the fewer bugs will be
>> reported.
>>
>> I am not subscribed to this mailing list for the same reason.
>>
>> What you do with the bug now, is for you to decide.
>>
>>
>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Would you be able to include a unit test patch in your diff file?
>>>>
>>>
>> new Caverphone().encode("mbmb") currently returns "MMP1111111" while it
>> should return "MPM1111111".
>>
>>
>>>> Also, it seems that the examples from
>>>>
>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caverphone
>>>>
>>>> do not match our code:
>>>>
>>>>            {"Lee", "L11111"},
>>>>            {"Thompson", "TMPSN1"},
>>>>
>>>>
>> These Caverphones seems to be version 1. Version 2 which is implemented in
>> apache.commons uses 10-letter-codes.
>>
>>  Hm...
>>>>
>>>> Thank you,
>>>> Gary
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Martin Nybo Andersen <tweek@tweek.dk
>>>> >wrote:
>>>>
>>>>  Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I've found an error in the Caverphone language codec.
>>>>>
>>>>> According to the specs at page 2 line 6:
>>>>> "If the name ends with mb make it m2".
>>>>>
>>>>> Apparently is has been interpreted as:
>>>>> "If the name _starts_ with mb make it m2".
>>>>>
>>>>> The attached patch will fix it.
>>>>>
>>>>> Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Martin Nybo Andersen
>
>
>
>
> --
> Thank you,
> Gary
>
> http://garygregory.wordpress.com/
> http://garygregory.com/
> http://people.apache.org/~ggregory/
> http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message