commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POOL] Ready for 1.5.6
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 02:44:35 GMT
borrowObject, returnObject and invalidatObject also call allocate
within synch blocks.  Since clearOldest can be kicked off from
within any activation of allocate, it seems to me we either need to
find a different way to get clearOldest activated or move all of the
allocate activations outside of synch blocks.  I have not made or
tested all of these changes, but on first look it seems to me that
the only impact of doing this would be slight performance impact due
to some additional allocate activations.

Phil