commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: [DBCP] The plan for v2
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 11:54:39 GMT
On 23/03/2011 11:00, Simone Tripodi wrote:
> Thanks a lot Mark, much more than appreciated :)
> I'm +1 to support your idea of moving the current pool2 code in a
> branch, then continue the 1.5.5 work. The useful part that IMHO can be
> backported are the use of generics, replacing primitive constants with
> enumerations, removing some useless wrappers in the PoolUtils class
> such the checked pool (we agreed pools are checked due the generics
> adoption) and the synchronized pools (they can be implemented via
> Proxies).
> The rest of the design "improvement" can be ignored, I'm not convinced
> at all that current code contains the APIs I would like to use as a
> user.
> I don't have an idea yet on how to introduce java.util.concurrent, I
> guess there are betters contributors in this area.
> BTW count on me, I should be able to replicate the code modifications
> in a short while (1 night should be enough :P)

Brilliant. I'll fix the remaining 1.5.x issues first so we are in a
position to do a 1.5.6 release and then I'll look at doing the

The DBCP backlog looks rather larger so I may create dbcp2 before all of
them get fixed. I'll see how things go.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message