commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] Is it OK to upgrade commons-net to 2.2?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 00:20:03 GMT

On Mar 5, 2011, at 2:47 AM, sebb wrote:

> On 5 March 2011 08:10, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

having to manually generate release notes I'm going to try again.

>>> I can help with that - I've worked on both NET and MATH so that
>>> changes.xml can be used to easily generate the release notes using
>>> "mvn changes:announcement-generate".
>>
>> Thanks. I've done that so that it shows up in the binary distribution but to get
it to work for the source distribution it has to generate the release notes to the source
directory (not the target) and commit it before doing release-prepare. How did you make that
work?

> Have a look at Net trunk POM.
>
> Busy now, but I can provide more help later if needed.

I looked took a look at the POM. It was what I expected. I have to manually run maven to generate
the release notes and then commit them before doing mvn release:prepare.  I very much dislike
that. Unfortunately, I don't really have a choice.  Currently, the build will run the changes
plugin during release:prepare and include it in the binary distribution automatically, but
not the source distribution.

Ralph