commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [codec] Error in the Caverphone implemention
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 12:38:52 GMT
Any though on splitting the class into two subclasses. One for cav
1.0, the other for 2.0?

Gary

On Mar 3, 2011, at 1:52, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Martin and Gary - sorry for my screwup.
>
> Very happy that you found the Caverphone code however Martin :)
>
> Hen
>
> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The fix is in SVN and scheduled for inclusion in the upcoming Codec 1.5
>> release.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Gary
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Martin Nybo Andersen <tweek@tweek.dk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Matt Benson wrote:
>>>
>>>  Finally, given the fact that we are discussing patches (which have to
>>>> be granted IP blah blah blah anyway) as well as the fact that you are
>>>> not subscribed to the developer list, this exchange should be
>>>> conducted in JIRA.
>>>>
>>>> Matt
>>>>
>>>
>>> I wrote the mail to raise a flag. You saw it, which was my intention. I'm
>>> happy now.
>>>
>>> To create a jira account for this minor bug seems to be overkill for me.
>>> Remember that the harder it is to report a bug, the fewer bugs will be
>>> reported.
>>>
>>> I am not subscribed to this mailing list for the same reason.
>>>
>>> What you do with the bug now, is for you to decide.
>>>
>>>
>>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Would you be able to include a unit test patch in your diff file?
>>>>>
>>>>
>>> new Caverphone().encode("mbmb") currently returns "MMP1111111" while it
>>> should return "MPM1111111".
>>>
>>>
>>>>> Also, it seems that the examples from
>>>>>
>>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caverphone
>>>>>
>>>>> do not match our code:
>>>>>
>>>>>            {"Lee", "L11111"},
>>>>>            {"Thompson", "TMPSN1"},
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>> These Caverphones seems to be version 1. Version 2 which is implemented in
>>> apache.commons uses 10-letter-codes.
>>>
>>>  Hm...
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you,
>>>>> Gary
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Martin Nybo Andersen <tweek@tweek.dk
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>  Hi,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I've found an error in the Caverphone language codec.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> According to the specs at page 2 line 6:
>>>>>> "If the name ends with mb make it m2".
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Apparently is has been interpreted as:
>>>>>> "If the name _starts_ with mb make it m2".
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The attached patch will fix it.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Please CC me, as I'm not subscribed.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Martin Nybo Andersen
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Thank you,
>> Gary
>>
>> http://garygregory.wordpress.com/
>> http://garygregory.com/
>> http://people.apache.org/~ggregory/
>> http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message