commons-dev mailing list archives

From henrib <hen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OGNL as a part of Commons
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 17:37:56 GMT
Howdy;
I looked at OGNL a while ago and can't fully remember why I ended up using
JEXL (probably because it seemed simpler). Anyway, OGNL seems very powerful
and expressive.
What about trying to merge OGNL & JEXL2 (instead of BeanUtils)? I'm pretty
sure the core JEXL2 features (introspector - method /static / ctor calls,
arithmetic) could be leveraged easily. The main differences would be in the
upper parts I guess (syntax, constructs).
It probably could help define a better scripting engine and language in the
future rather than overlapping ones.
Thoughts ?
Henrib