commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [csv] Fixes for commons-csv
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 15:53:52 GMT
Hi Gary,

On Feb 1, 2011, at 3:50 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've just come across the need to do CSV work but from the JDBC POV.
>
> This made me think of this project and whether a JDBC CSV driver could use [csv] as it's
guts.

> The higher-level issue though, is whether I would use [csv] at all when I can use a more
complete API like JDBC.

> This might explain why [csv] never made it out of the sandbox.
>
> My question to Jacopo is: Have you considered going the JDBC route?

I am currently using commons-csv simply as a tool to read data from CSV files (then with custom
scripts the records are processed and transformed into data for the Apache OFBiz ERP).
I have never considered the JDBC route, even if I am not 100% sure I understand how you would
use this,

Kind regards,

Jacopo