commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@joda.org>
Subject [math] Step back to build consensus
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 23:08:07 GMT
Apache is a place where community matters more than code. Right now,
the community dynamics within [math] are clearly difficult.

I ask ALL those involved to step back for the weekend and to not post
on the topic of [math] until Monday.

In that time, I ask ALL involved to reflect on how the situation got
to this point and how to rebuild consensus in the project. That means
both technical consensus, give-and-take and greater community harmony.

Commons [math] is a great component, and I personally have an indirect
stake in it via my day job. We need it to thrive!

So, on Monday, I'd like to see a calm discussion on what steps can be
taken to achieve a consensus-driven, non-controversial next step,
probably focussed on a minimal 2.x release.

thanks
Stephen
Member, ASF