commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [lang] propse new ObjectExistsException extends IllegalArgumentException
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:51:37 GMT
To define a bar on exceptions; they need to be used by Commons Lang.
In 3.0 we've dropped the "this would be a better name for an
exception" exceptions as it's too easy for that to grow and grow.

Hen

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Simone Tripodi
<simonetripodi@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
> can you describe please in which non-JPA context the exception can
> become useful?
> Many thanks in advance, have a nice day,
> Simo

> http://www.99soft.org/
>

> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:31 AM, thomas menzel <dev.tom.menzel@gmx.net> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i suggest a new exception under the commons.lang.exception namely
>>
>> ObjectExistsException extends IllegalArgumentException.
>>
>> in the jpa world there is already one like this, bit i think it has merit for also
other cases outside of jpa and hence i would like to see it defined in apache's commons.lang.exception.