commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Tripodi <>
Subject [discuss][Digester] The future of Digester an the Digester3 in sandbox
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:35:28 GMT
Good morning all guys,
in the last month I've invested my spare time on redesigning a new
potential version of the Digester component in Sandbox, according to
what I proposed time ago on dev ML[1].
The experiment is complete at 95%, is not of course a release but
there are enough tests/samples/docs to start playing with it.
I also sent an email to users ML[2] requesting for feedbacks,
unfortunately no one expressed his opinion yet, but I'll be patient at
least for the next 2-3 weeks before pushing a request again.

I'd like to ask also your feedbacks and suggestions, in case you would
be interested in a potential promotion on Proper, or it should be
contributed somewhere else like extras, but I hope it will find a
place in commons.
As Rahul proposed, since there are APIs breakage, maybe it should be
taken in consideration as a new component, but at the same time as
Matt suggested, since it processes inputs in the same way, maybe is
just a major release.

WDT? What are your thoughts about it? Sorry if it looks like a silly
question but I've never taken part of a sandbox promotion.
Looking forward to hear from you, have a nice day!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message