commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@joda.org>
Subject Re: [math] deciding about 2.2 (was Re: [all][math] Help wanted with exceptions API design)
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:10:49 GMT
On 2 February 2011 09:23, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:
> It seems the thread asking for help on the exception API design is going
> to be fruitful, and it starts well with interesting ideas. I guess some
> of these ideas will change again our view and we will converge
> (hopefully not throwing an exception ourselves ...) to a stable design
> for 3.0. It seems to me that the switch to unchecked exceptions is
> supported by almost all participants to this thread, so this part is
> probably already stabilized.
>
> I doubt we can do anything about it for 2.2 and waiting first for the
> rest of the discussion to stabilize (no hierarchy/small hierarchy/large
> hierarchy, specific getters/general context map ...) would push 2.2 too far.
>
> I would like to freeze 2.2 as it is now in the repository and get it out.
>
> What do you think ?

If you have a compatible 2.2 release waiting to go, it would seem
sensible to release it now.

You may yet need a 2.3 to bridge to migration between 2.x and 3.0, but
that should be a separate discussion for everyones sake

Stephen

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@commons.apache.org


Mime
View raw message