commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] Compilation under Java 1.4
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 01:10:29 GMT
Thanks. But I have a larger issue.

We have been doing performance testing and the synchronization in AbstractFileConfiguration,
 DynamicCombinedConfiguration,  and MultiFileHierarchicalConfiguration are showing up as predominant
hot spots.  These would be easy to fix if I could use java.util.concurrent but, of course,
that would require an upgrade to Java 5. The experimental branch has a minimum version of
Java 5 but it is nowhere near ready for a release.  I'm wondering when the right time to upgrade
would be?  1.8?

Ralph