commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release math 2.2 based on RC2
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:02:44 GMT
Am 20.02.2011 21:13, schrieb Luc Maisonobe:
> Le 20/02/2011 18:28, Oliver Heger a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> build works fine for me on Windows 7 with Maven and ant on a JDK 1.5.
>> Site and artifacts look good.
>>
>> One minor thing: The binary distribution is just named commons-math-2.2.
>> For [configuration] we have a bug report [1] complaining that the
>> distribution should contain the -bin suffix in the name. Not sure what
>> our Commons-wide policy is, but I just want to mention this.
>
> The current download page for 2.1
> <http://commons.apache.org/math/download_math.cgi>  doesn't use bin
> either, so I guess we can stick with the name here.
>

>> When building the site I get a strange behavior with checkstyle: For
>> each file there is an error that it does not end with a newline. This
>> has probably to do with the line ending conventions used when creating
>> the source distribution being different than my Windows system expects.
>
> This is strange. Did you use the .tar.gz or the zip archive ? I think
> the later does line endings conversion upon unpacking but I'm not sure.

I used the zip archive and unpacked it using 7zip. I was wondering
because I have never seen this before though it is very likely that
releases were built on OS with different line-ending conventions. No
idea what could be the problem.

But unpacking and building work fine, so this is probably not a big issue.

Oliver