commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject [math] velocity problem while doing a dry run on RC
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2011 19:45:41 GMT
Hello,

It seems 2.2 has been stabilized thanks to the efforts of everybody.
I fixed the latest CLIRR problems, the latest report is available here:
<http://people.apache.org/~luc/clirr-report.html>.

I tried a dry run on creating a release candidate, and encountered a
velocity problem while generating the release notes.

I used Phil's scripts math-pre-RC.sh which calls
  mvn changes:announcement-generate

This triggered the following error message a few times:

[ERROR] Parser Exception: templates/math-release-notes.vm :
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.ParseException: Encountered
"\"\n\")\n\n" at line 22, column 39.
Was expecting one of:
    "[" ...
    <STRING_LITERAL> ...
    "true" ...
    "false" ...
    <NUMBER_LITERAL> ...
    <IDENTIFIER> ...
    "{" ...

	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.Parser.generateParseException(Parser.java:3271)
	at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.Parser.jj_consume_token(Parser.java:3155)
	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.Parser.Parameter(Parser.java:1022)

Lines 22-23 and following of math-release-notes.vm read:

$release.description.replaceAll("  ", "
")

This line seem to have been last modified as of r927472 just before 2.1
release to fix a parenthesis problem.

The net result is the the release notes file is empty.

What did I do wrong ?
Luc