commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject [math] the 2.2 release saga conclusion ?
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:49:40 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to have 2.2 out as soon as possible. I would like to
propose yet another intermediate solution, not a perfect one, but trying
to mitigate everything that has been said here. Remember this is *only*
for 2.2 and it does *not* mean anything about 3.0 or any further
discussions.

So I propose we release 2.2 with the following changes relative to what
is currently in the repository:

 - change FunctionEvaluationException, DerivativeException and
   MatrixVisitorException to unchecked again by making them
   extend o.a.c.math.exception.MathUserException
 - change ConvergenceException to unchecked by making it extend
   o.a.c.math.exception.MathIllegalStateException
 - undeprecate all these exceptions
 - accept the 17 CLIRR errors remaining after these changes
   (13 related to exceptions, 4 related to ODE)
 - accept the 30 CLIRR warnings remaining after these changes
   (all of them related to exceptions)
 - accept the 422 CLIRR infos remaining after these changes

This is by no means a perfect solution, I really tried to reach a
compromise between several points of view. As each compromise, everyone
would have something to tell against it but please don't start another
lengthy discussion and even less a flame war. There is no hidden
intention behind this and the choices presented would be put only in 2.2
branch, not in trunk. The only intention is to be able to publish 2.2.

What do you think ?

Luc