commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1067216 - in /commons/proper/math/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/math/optimization/direct/CMAESOptimizer.java test/java/org/apache/commons/math/optimization/direct/CMAESOptimizerTest.java
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 20:41:25 GMT
Hi Gilles,

Le 04/02/2011 21:29, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 08:29:42PM +0100, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>> Le 04/02/2011 17:36, erans@apache.org a écrit :
>>> Author: erans
>>> Date: Fri Feb  4 16:36:08 2011
>>> New Revision: 1067216

>>> Log:
>>> MATH-442
>>> Original code provided by Dietmar Wolz.
>>
>> Please revert this commit as soon as possible.
>>
>> We do not yet have the required paperwork for including this code. We
>> need a software grant for the code and CLAs from the contributor.
>>
>> We will introduce the code once we have the required paper.
>>
>> Sorry for being picky on this but we need to be very careful when we
>> introduce external code in out repositories.
>
> The attachment came with the "ASF Granted License". So, what could be the
> problem?

It is very large, it has been developed outside of the foundation it has
already been used elsewhere (for the 2010 GTOC optimization contest), we
don't know if it was published, and at least two persons worked on the
code despite only one uploaded it.

There is no golden rule, but up to now we have considered the "ASF
Granted License" check box in JIRA was considered sufficient for small
contributions but not for large ones. This one is very large.

I hope it is only a matter of a few days but we prefer to be on the safe
side.

Luc