commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [all][math] Help wanted with exceptions API design
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 00:38:38 GMT
We are in process of redesigning our exceptions hierarchy in [math]
and we could use some input / perspective from other Commons
community members.  Thanks in advance for your feedback and perspective.

The most recent attempt at agreeing on design principles is [1] and
I have tried to document the points of agreement in a section that I
just added to the [math] Developer's Guide [2] (it will take a few
hours for this to make it to the live site.  The source xdoc is in
trunk/src/site/xdoc/developers.xml)

The JIRA issue [3] referenced in [1] calls out a specific point on
which we are trying to gain consensus in a specific example.

The currently defined exceptions in [math] can be found in the
top-level package and .exceptions.  Those in the top-level have at
this point been deprecated.

Thanks!

Phil

[1] http://markmail.org/message/csgdloie6uv33yua