commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <>
Subject Re: [lang] math expression parser
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 08:17:48 GMT

why not propose this as another project?
It requires more maintenance, that is true.
Sandbox is designed for that, including to evaluate if there are user bases.

I tend to feel your contribution is not useless.
A readable syntax instead of java syntax for formulæ that are rather longer than 3 operations.
Somewhat in the comfort of using xpath instead of calling getChildren of all sorts.

Le 5 janv. 2011 à 22:12, frank asseg a écrit :

> Hola Gary!
> On 05.01.2011 22:04, Gary Gregory wrote:
>> Why should this be in [lang] instead of [math]?
> I actually thought about posting on [math] but when i browsed the math
> library i gained the impression that it's much more concerned with more
> complex mathematical issues like integration of numerical analysis
> rather than parsing user input, so imho i decided to post to [lang], the
> library which i always associate with Strings ;)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message